A Meme - Who am I really?

I have been tagged in a meme by Nichola from fabfortymum, a truly moving blog and a lovely lady.  Here are the rules:

  • Post 5 random facts about yourself
  • Choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post
  • Tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs
  • Answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate
  • No tag backs (I will try my hardest)
so here goes:

5 Random Facts about me:

1. I am a fully qualified scuba instructor
2. I am allergic to caffeine
3. I have a fear of falling from a great height [not the height itself]
4. I love to trampoline and can't wait to start lessons again
5. I have a masters degree in engineering 

My 5 random questions from Fabfortymum

1.  What one personality trait about yourself do you like the most?
Loyalty towards my family and close friends.
2.  If you could meet anyone living or dead who would you choose?
This is tough because there are two people living who I would love to meet and two dead and its difficult to choose between them.  I would love to have met Alan Turing, if you don't know who he is you may want to google him,  but he is the reason why apple logo is as it is and in my eyes the father of all artificial intelligence.  Would he be pleased or shocked at the way technology has progressed?
The engineer in me would have loved to have met Isambard Kingdom Brunel, to see what he thought of his work today and how engineering has progressed.
In terms of living people I would love to meet Derren Brown, because his mind fascinates me, how he thinks, what he does I find it so interesting.  Finally and by no means least I would love to meet Eddie Izzard.  His mind also fascinates me intelligence and humour.  One of those people you would love to have for dinner as would be great company.
3.  What is your favourite city in the world and why?
I am really not a city person, I much prefer open spaces and greenery.  However if I am to choose a city it would be Vancouver.  It has the green open spaces combined with city bustle and everything just feels peaceful.
4.  What is your favourite song or piece of music and why?
Very tricky I love a huge variety of music and have a favourite piece of music dependant upon my mood.  My favourite all time song is Gone Away by the Offspring the lyrics speak to me on a personal level, its a little hard to explain.  I also like Barry White, You're the first, the last, my everything because its the song I wanted playing when my husband and I were pronounced man and wife and we walked down the aisle to it. Whenever I hear it it puts a smile on my face and I have to dance to it.
5.  Are you a glass is half empty or half full person?
Bit of both if I am truly honest.  I always try to be half full but sometimes it just is half empty.

My five questions are:

1. What has been the most positive thing about your blog/ blogging experience for you so far?
2. What was your first musical concert/event/gig who was it and where and who did you go with?
3. What is your favourite movie?
4. If you could be a fly on the wall where would you be?
5. What part of yourself do you see in your child/children?

The five lovely people I would like to ask to do this are:

1. James at Daddy's Space
2.Carolyn at Chai Tea Mummy
3.Wendy at Glitzy Gleam
5. Maddie at Gammon and Chips

please do not feel pressured into this, but it would be great if you would not mind filling it in, thank you.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Brilliant post, I love your answers. I watched a documentary recently about Bletchley Park and Alan Turing, he really opened the technology door for us all.
    I love Vancouver too, we have loads of family there and I've been a few times. At 16 I almost went there to live, my uncle kept racehorses and wanted me to come and work for him, but I wasn't ready to leave my mum so far behind.
    Thanks again for doing this, it was my first one and I felt certain I'd mess it up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not messed up thanks for tagging me. I met Alan Turing assistant and she was a really interesting lady, I would find it do interesting to see what he thinks if technology. I really did open up the technology door but does not get any were near enough credit.

      Delete

This day I love comments and I read everyone